Buying A House? Here’s How To Pick A Top Buyer’s Agent
Buying a house can be a daunting task whether it’s your first time or if you’re a veteran. You’re thinking, OMG where do I start? Who should I talk to? WHAT DO I DO?!?!?
We know finding the right home can be overwhelming, but when you work with a top real estate agent, they help you find the perfect home you’ve been dreaming about. Phew! Panic attack averted.
First thing’s first: Find A Good Real Estate Agent a.k.a work with a Buyer’s Agent. What’s a buyer’s agent you ask? Aren’t real estate agents all the same? Nope….. not really….
Buyer’s Agent 101
Basically, a Buyer’s Agent has a fiduciary duty to the buyer. So in regular people’s terms, this means they are obligated to have YOUR best interest in mind. They would provide reasonable care, undivided loyalty, confidentiality and full disclosure.
Other benefits include:
- Working for you at no cost
- Building a relationship during the search to find your perfect home
- Negotiate on your behalf without any influence from the seller
A top buyer’s agent can classify a need from a want and find a happy medium when showing homes. They take the time to walk you through the process and understand what’s most important for your future home purchase such as:
- School System Insights
- Recent Comparable Local Home Purchase Prices
- Neighborhood Community Life
- Crime Rates
- Town Developments
- And More!
Now that you know the benefits of working with a top Buyer’s Agent – Here’s how you pick one.
Interviewing Your Buyer’s Agent
There are a bunch of agents out there, so how can you weed out the agent who’s right for you? Here are a few questions you should ask:
- How long have you been in the business? (establishes experience)
- Are you a full-time agent? (demonstrates professionalism)
- How well do you know (Town/City you’re interested in)? (determines familiarity)
- Do you have any certifications or accolades? (confirms credentials)
Buying a house is the next stage in your life and finding the right person who understands is one of the first steps in the right direction. Another helpful tip would be to speak to a local direct lender to get Pre-Approved for a home loan. Once you figure out what you can afford, your real estate agent will take the reigns and help you find your dream home.
[BONUS] A Buyer’s Agent isn’t the only real estate professional you need to interview. Learn how to pick a team of pros to vouch for you.