GAR's Mortgage Servicing
Getting to know Get A Rate
How much does buying a home cost?
Locking it in...
- What is a rate lock, and how do I lock it?
- Can I choose a different rate after I’ve locked?
- What happens if the loan process takes longer than my lock period?
- Can I change to a different program after I’m locked in?
- Are there any fees for locking a rate?
- How long of a rate lock should I take?
- Can I change my decision regarding an escrow account after I’ve locked?
- Can I extend the lock if I need more time?
- What happens if I let my rate lock expire?
- Should I lock or float my rate?
- How does my credit history affect my mortgage?
- How can I get a copy of my credit report?
- What is a “soft credit check” vs. a “hard credit check”?
- What if I notice a red flag on my credit report? (An unrecognized credit line, an “outstanding” balance that was paid-off, etc.)
- Will multiple credit checks hurt my score?
- Which credit score does Get A Rate use?
- What if I have low credit?
- What if I’m applying as a co-borrower?
Options surrounding COVID-19
- Our $2000 Pre-Approval Guarantee
- What is a Pre-Approval Letter?
- Is a “Pre-Approval” the same as a “Pre-Qualification”?
- How does the Pre-Approval process work?
- Will my “Guaranteed Pre-Approval Letter” look different than my “Basic Pre-Approval Letter”?
- How will a Pre-Approval affect my credit?
- Why would my verified income be different than my stated income?
- How much does it cost to get a Pre-Approval Letter?
- Why would my verified assets be lower than expected?
The Appraisal Process
- How does an appraisal work?
- Why do I need an appraisal?
- Can I transfer a recent appraisal?
- Can I use an appraiser I know personally?
- How long does the actual physical appraisal inspection take?
- How long does it take to get the report after the inspection?
- What does the appraisal report consist of?
- Can renovations and repairs increase my home’s value?
The Mortgage Process
What Get A Rate can do for you...
- What kind of mortgages do you provide?
- What types of properties do you specialize in?
- Can you help obtain specialized grants?
- Do you offer renovation, construction or commercial loans?
- Can we take out a second mortgage or a HELOC with you?
- Can we work with you when buying a foreclosure property?
- Do you refinance homes that are held in LLC.’s?