The Department of Veterans Affairs insures VA (Veterans Affairs) loans for active and veteran members of the U.S. military. The agency backs private loans made by mortgage companies, so that the lender can offer better terms and greater flexibility on a mortgage. VA loans are available to active-duty members of the U.S. military, veterans, reserve and National Guard members, and in some cases even surviving spouses.
VA loans offer some of the best terms and benefits of the home mortgage industry, including:
- In most cases, no down payment is required
- New York and New Jersey mortgage rates are lower compared to standard loan options
- The VA funding fee may be financed through the loan, and there are no mortgage insurance premiums
- You can prepay the loan with no penalty
- Buyers of homes still under construction are eligible for a warranty from the builder
- In some cases of temporary financial difficulty, the VA offers assistance to borrowers in default
- VA loans are “assumable,” meaning if you’re trying to sell your home, the buyer can take over the loan
Applying for a VA program is as easy as contacting a Get A Rate VA mortgage expert, but first you’ll need to show a Certificate of Eligibility from your local VA office to prove that you meet the requirements.
Refinance Your VA Loan
If you already have a VA loan, you’re still eligible to refinance and take advantage of low New York or New Jersey mortgage rates
Contact a Get A Rate mortgage expert
(or call us at 1-866-955-5655
) about getting or refinancing a VA loan!